Pages

Monday 17 January 2011

I need a change

Sorry for not posting anything these days, there was a really frustrating time for me in December when I attended some craft fairs... They were really not the way I expected. It was good as an experience though, because I got loads of lovely feedback and was great to meet fellow crafters, but I thought I would sell a bit more... There were days when I was actually worried if my stock was going to be enough, lol.

Since there is still enough stock in my jewellery store, I don't have to worry of that for now, and until I start to work on some new designs I wanted to do something different... I hate doing nothing, especially after the hard work I put into my business last year. I really worked hard. I enjoyed it very much and I got used to it. I'm really proud of myself being able to decide about starting a business and pushing it this hard, but I'm very disappointed right now, that my effort didn't pay off. Not yet anyway. As I am not going to give it up. I'm not a giving-up person at all! My friends know this about me. I simply don't know it right now how to step forward.

So until I have some new ideas about this I started to paint.... again... There are always these periods of my life when I turn to painting, drawing to get ideas from. I used to work with pastells some years ago, then I tried acrylics, though I enjoyed both, but they were not just perfectly right. Now first time ever I tried watercolour. After some practising I can say I really like it.



ACEOs

And luckily enough there is a new addiction on http://www.folksy.com/ . There is a group of people whom are making these tiny pieces of art, called ACEOs, which stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals. These are very collectable and their only rule is the size: 2,5"x3,5". It's great way to collect original art for affordable prices. And for me it's a great way to paint without needing loads of material and time. I really enjoy working on each piece and hoping to get some inspiration for other areas of my life also, just as for my jewellery business.

Now I'm off to paint, but will be back with more posts soon I promise.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty! Keep on. I know what you mean about craft fairs as well. Maybe it's a recession thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! : )
    Yeah, I'm sure it's the recession. Would be great if it was over...

    ReplyDelete